At least 22 Arkansas families can now tell you that oil pipelines leak. Unfortunately for those families, thousands of barrels of crude, black oil from an Exxon pipeline leaked all over their neighborhood. The only good thing that could happen as a result of the latest disaster in the oil industry is a clean “No” to two major oil projects the United States is considering- the Keystone pipeline and Arctic drilling.
See seven more reasons below why we should say no to new oil projects. Take action and say “No to Keystone” and “No to Arctic drilling.”
7. The Kalamazoo River Oil Pipeline Leak
6. Oil pollution in Komi-Region, Russia.
5. More than two years after BP’s Deepwater Horizon disaster, oil is still on Gulf Coast beaches.
4. Oil expansion in New Zealand
3. Exxon oil spill in Montana spoils Yellowstone River
2. BP’s Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico
1. Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska, 1989