Questions were recently raised whether Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX), said to harbor presidential ambitions, meets the Constitution’s definition of a “natural born citizen,” a qualification for the presidency. Sen. Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta to an American mother and Cuban father.
Most Constitutional scholars agree Sen. Cruz is a natural born US citizen via his mother. As he was born on Canadian soil, however, Sen. Cruz is also a natural born Canadian citizen. Sen Cruz has said he did not realize he was automatically a Canadian citizen and has announced his intention to renounce that citizenship.
Why would Canada want Senator Cruz anyhow?
8. They already have a big, oily, climate-killing mess in Alberta. They don’t need another.
7. They disavowed kooky semi-Canadian Tom Cruise. Merely changing the spelling of the last name will not fool them.
6. Since Ted Cruz denies climate reality, he can stay in parched, dusty, wild fire-ridden Texas.
5. Their loonies are dollars.
4. If Ted Cruz gets his way, hockey will cease to exist as an outdoor sport.
3. There are too many politicians in Canada beholden to Big Oil. Adding another will make the problem more obvious.
2. That’s what we get for all the Canuck jokes, hosers.
1. It serves the US right for inventing NAFTA